Wednesday 29 June 2011

Whoops...

Oops. This blog went quiet for a little while! The world spins fast and vanities such as blogging vanish behind the tide of things to get on with. I'm back, and still here.

I am sad to inform you that my three months as Editorial Assistant (Intern) at Myriad Editions are up! My last day the rain fell from the sky and I walked home carrying at bunch of flowers as big as my body with me.

I've moved on to a two week Work Expeirence placement with the Salariya book company. Salariya's books are all anachronistic, but in a good way. I get a very Steampunk vibe from them, which for me is fantastic, as Victoriana is one of my passions! It is but my third day, however I'm enjoying working with such a diverse list of books...

On very good advice from a friend I'm expanding this blog. My time at Myriad helped me to realise that in the long run I'd like to be a fiction commissioning editor and now is the best time to start expressing my opnions on things!

So hold your hats, blog-o-sphere, for maddening experiences and reviews of any and everything that falls into my hands.

Also, as many of you know, I write myself. I'm 13,000 words into my new manuscript, one which, for the first time ever, I plan to submit to some publishers and agents and see what kind of response I get. So again, here is where I shall record my progress. Go blog fantastica!

Love and fiction,
Nicola x x

No comments:

Post a Comment